Minutes #3

MINUTES:
Date: December 6, 2021 (Monday)
Time: 6:00pm-7:20pm
Location: Zoom
Attendees: Christine, Susan, Haydee, Yvette, Lynda, Teresa, Dinesh, Mona, Joanna, Susie, Michelle, Pam, Iain, Sharon, Jenny, Oleg, Cynthia, Samir, Shiela

  1. Welcome
  2. Sub-committee reports

Entertainment

  • City / location and its activities
  • Hawaii – volleyball
  • Paris – casino royal, magician, caricature artist
  • NewYork – club / magician
  • Tokyo – inflatable game,
  • Whistler – snowboarding

Decor

  • Drama room – needs permission from the Principal/Drama teacher
  • Décor – cut out vegas and London because no décor available
  • School is in use until the 24 June – last day of school. It will be difficult to decorate the 6
    rooms in a short time.
  • Dinner and Dance – Marriot; bus to school start the Dry Grad; Typically parents start to
    decorate 3 days prior to the event
  • Décor projection; Synchronize entertainment with the Décor;
  • No Vegas décor found
  • Décor and Entertainment to coordinate in a separate meeting – Dinesh and Lynda to arrange
    a meeting.
  • Maybe ask Grade 11 parents to help decorate while Grade 12 parents are still at the hoteldinner dance?

Fundraising

  • Purdys is done – $1100
  • Pub night – $ 366
  • Cookie kit – ongoing
  • Valentines – candy gram
  • bubble tea
  • April – open donations; draws; salmosas
  • Carwash – added idea
  • Paper shredding – added idea
    Food and beverage
  • 1 area only – 180 students
  • Iain Sinclair – Food & safety cert – Susan to coordinate with Dave
  • No chocolate fondue; easy to pick food
  • At the end of the event, paper bag – snack to go -added idea
  • Could be city/location labeled

Transportation and security

  • Cheaper option – 50% deposit can be cancelled up to 4 weeks before; will decide in January
  • Level 2 first aid – $33 Per hour ; need at least 1 Level 2 First aider maybe unnecessary
  • Bins $500 for personal belongings, cardboard boxes and labels – Christine to check the
    collapsible boxes
  • Other Items
  • Neil to inform us if we need to sponsor students and how many, for the DAG event.
  • Susan to connect Nav with the volunteers for baking and wrapping the Christmas cookies
  1. Budget Report (Please see attachment)
  2. Next meeting – January 10, 2022 – 6pm to 7pm
  3. Meeting adjourned at 7:20 PM
Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started